This 1952 Allard K2 is one of just 79 left-hand drive examples produced by the British manufacturer, and is powered by a 400ci Cadillac OHV V8 mated to a 3-speed LaSalle gearbox. The car was reportedly discovered in 1981 behind a commercial building, where it is believed to have sat since 1957. A restoration was subsequently performed by John Brindle of the Cincinnati Motor Company and completed in 1996. The car received a mechanical refurbishment from 2016-2018, which included an overhaul of the engine and the installation of a secondary fuel system. This K2 was outlined in Red Wheels & White Sidewalls by Bill Pollack, in addition to a number of local newspaper articles. Between 1996-2016 the Allard covered a total of 3 miles on a loaner Cadillac engine because the Vic Edelbrock Sr. modified engine had not been rebuilt yet. In 2016 John Brindle began rebuilding the original engine, had an original style wiring harness custom made in England, and the correct Blumels Brookland steering wheel installed. The engine has only followed it's on the lift break-in procedure and been driven on/off the trailer. It starts up the first time flawlessly, and runs like it did when new. In the early 50's finding a non-used Cadillac engine was very hard to do. Tom Carstens had a Cessna that he and his guests would fly to go fishing and hunting. One of his regular guests was a VP from General Motors, Cadillac Division known as Mr. House Guest. If a good friend of Mr. House Guest needed a block
By placing this call you agree to the Terms and Conditions of Use of this website and that this call may be recorded by ROUTE 36 MOTORCARS, using technology powered by Carsforsale.com, for business purposes.
7630 Fishel Dr N
Dublin, OH 43016